Marinated Steak with Grilled Scallion Salsa
Watch the full recipe walkthrough on our YouTube channel:
● 2# skirt/hanger/or flank steak
● ¼ cup soy sauce
● ¼ cup neutral oil
● Juice of 1 lime
● 1 tbsp brown sugar
● 1 bunch scallions, roots trimmed and ½ of whites thinly sliced and set aside
● 3 cornichon, finely diced
● 1 tbsp caper, chopped
● 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
● 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
● 2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
● 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
● 2 cloves garlic, preferably roasted, finely diced
● 1 tbsp fresno chiles, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
Mix together soy sauce, ¼ cup oil, juice of lime, and brown sugar. Add in beef and
marinate overnight. This can also be done in the Wolf Vacuum Seal Drawer on level 3 to
infuse quicker. When ready, preheat Wolf Charbroiler to medium high. Pat beef dry
and place on charbroiler. Cook on each side 5 mins or until it releases easily from the
grate. Allow to rest while you grill scallions for 6 mins per side on same temperature.
Chop grilled scallions and combine them with, cornichon, capers, sherry vinegar, oil,
brown sugar, whole grain mustard, garlic, and fresno chiles if using.
Slice steak and top with scallion salsa. Sprinkle with flake salt if desired.