Serves: 2 as a starter
• 2 lbs. of carrots, trimmed and peeled (all carrots should be of approximate medium size) Carrots can be all orange or mixed heirlooms in different colors
• 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 10 mint leaves, whole
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING:
• 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
• 1 cup of Dukes Mayonnaise
• ¼ cup of fresh tarragon
• ¼ cup of basil
• ½ bunch of flat leaf parsley
• Salt and fresh cracked pepper
• Juice of one medium lime
DIRECTIONS: Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until completely smooth. Refrigerate left-overs.
Toss trimmed carrots in extra virgin olive oil, salt and fresh cracked pepper. Preheat oven to 375°F on bake mode. Place carrots on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes or until just tender. When cooled, cut carrots in half at the waist and then again lengthwise (quarter pieces).
Preheat large sauté pan to medium hot. Add the rest of the olive oil and place carrots into the pan, cut side down. Do not move carrots and cook on cut side until carrots take on color and begin to caramelize to medium golden brown. Remove from pan to rest.
Place a large tablespoon of green goddess dressing down onto one side of a large dinner plate, and using the same spoon push dressing across plate in an even fashion. This is your “base” to build upon. Arrange caramelized carrots in center of plate layering with smaller tips facing upward and showing golden colorization. Carefully add feta cheese in and around carrot arrangement. Place mint leaves in and around carrot salad and serve.